Friday 26 August 2011

macaroon obsession


We had some friends round yesterday for afternoon tea in the garden. A good reason to make another batch of macaroons - my current obsession. I tried a new recipe I found online. They taste good but don't look anything like the recipe picture. How are theirs so smooth?! I must continue to practice.

A tip to get them to come away cleanly from the greaseproof paper is to pour a little freshly boiled water underneath the paper as soon as they are out of the oven. As the paper dampens, they lift off no problem!


2 comments:

  1. I like yours more, they are far more rustic. I've seen similar macaroons around Brighton lately, apparently they are all the rage, hadn't crossed my mind to have a go myself, thanks for the recipe tip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, I think the texture would add a certain something too..
    they look beautiful, pass one over here please Vicky!

    ReplyDelete