Tuesday 3 May 2011

gentleman's shooting socks (for me)

I finished these socks a couple of months ago but it's taken me ages to photograph them. The pattern is from Knitting Vintage Socks by Nancy Bush, and there's a whole load more socks in there I'd like to do, only I get so bored by the time I get to the second one. There must be some kind of sock club where you could be paired with a person of similar sized feet and taste in socks. You would each knit two different socks, one for yourself and one for your sock buddy, and then swap.


Anyway, they are very comfortable and I've been wearing them with sandals, which I think can just about be pulled off, but only if you are female and the socks are hand made!


The yarn is Lorna's laces Shepherd Sock Solid in Douglas Fir, and Jawoll Solid Superwash by Lang Yarns. (Which comes with a reinforcement spool of yarn to double up with on the toes - genius!)


1 comment:

  1. oh wow vicky, they're beautiful! There's no point wearing them with anything but sandals I think.

    ReplyDelete