Saturday 18 September 2010

tunic top

I made this top a few weeks ago and have worn it pretty much non stop ever since. It's pattern H from Stylish Dress Book volume 2. My first attempt in sewing for myself in quite a while. I bought the lovely material from Cloth House on Berwick Street, London. It's an Ikat woven cotton from India. I went back to buy some more but sadly it was all gone. I'd love to find some more Ikat cotton, but it seems there's not much out there that's not silk. Despite being in Japanese, the pattern was fairly simple to follow from looking at the diagrams, and by using the translation sheets included with the book. I'm not sure I did the neck slit exactly as the diagram showed, but it's worked out just fine. I bought the book from M is For Make, where you will find many others in the series as well as lots of lovely fabrics. Kate who runs M Is For Make is holding a first anniversary Sew-Along competition, into which I've entered my top. You can see all the other amazing entries and cast your vote over the following week here. I'm very impressed by the frilly pants, the tunic by Susan and the cushion by Karen. Who shall I vote for?!

No comments:

Post a Comment